Things have been crazy in Das Capital, (Just ask The Jillda, who likes to email every couple days and harrass me for being incognito.) but regardless of said craziness two things must be shared quickly.
1. Yesterday, Kate and I went to see Sherlock Holmes. It was a lovely week night social activity. I really liked it, and would definitely recommend it to a friend. I've actually never read a Sherlock Holmes book, and I don't think the plot followed that of any specific Sherlock Holmes book, but it did seem to stick to the formula, and if the books are anything like the movie I would probably quite like them. In any case, Kate and I are watching the movie and right as everything is heating up and we're about to solve the case, Jude Law (Watson) is corraling some bad guys and yelling "Who-dey! Who-dey! Who-dey!". Kate and I started geeking out in the theater. No joke. We lost our shit. (Tragically, it turns out what he was actually yelling was "Move it!", which makes waaaaaaaay more sense, but I'm still clinging to my initial assessment of Who-dey.)
2. I was invited to a wedding yesterday where "feasting and merriment" immediately follow the ceremony. What if I'm not feeling very hungry? Or very merry? I just want the record to show that there is no reception. Just feasting and merriment. I'm not trying to be a doubting Thomas, I'm just saying that's a pretty high bar for your wedding.
No comments:
Post a Comment