Thursday, January 14, 2010

I dropped the ball.

But I've got it back together now.  Yesterday, I felt like I was running around all day and I didn't even accomplish anything.  (Worst.  feeling.  ever.)  So I didn't really blog yesterday, but that's okay, because there weren't really any humorous anecdotes to share.  


As usual, the thoughts I have to share are many and varied.  First of all, I would like to note that I'm listening to my Lady Gaga radio today.  Because even though Beyonce is the bomb, yesterday around lunchtime Beyonce radio started playing all sort of weird songs.  Like Spandau Ballet and stuff.  Pandora was getting a little too fast and loose with what is musically similar to Beyonce for my taste.  So I'm showing them by listening to Lady Gaga radio today.  Which brings me to my next point.  Lady Gaga has a Christmas song.  Appropriately titled "Christmas Tree", which apparently is still finding its way onto my Lady Gaga radio.  (I mean, it makes sense.  I did like the song.  That's why it keeps popping up.)  But the lyrics to said song are completely ridiculous.  Which, honestly, also makes sense.  It is Lady Gaga, after all.  But they include phrases such as "Light me up, put me on top" and "The only place you'll want to be is underneath my Christmas tree".  You can check out the full lyrics here:  Lady Gaga is shaming Christmas.


Also, I think Meg and I are running a spring time race.  Like a ten miler or a half marathon.  Yipes!  It's something I've wanted to do for a really long time (like the year I signed up for a training group and then was out of town for the race.  Smooth, I know.), but the thought of actually doing it makes me really nervous.  To the extent that I feel like I need to scrap my yoga plans for today and go running just to psych myself up.  But I think it will ultimately be positive, and it will help me stick to one of my new year's resolutions, so that's positive as well.  But if you see my lying in the gutter somewhere on the Flying Pig half marathon course you know what happened.  


And last but not least, some serious thoughts.  (I know, I know.  I can almost hear the internets gasping, too.  But I can be serious.)  I hate to use the blog as a soapbox, but I'm going to do it anyway.  I'd just like to urge everyone to try to contribute to relief efforts in Haiti.  It's so unfortunate to see a country that was already as poor as Haiti, but really trying to get their act together, be leveled by a natural disaster.  Here's a list of charities active in Haiti.  Choose your choice; some have an easy and convenient set up (like the Red Cross and Yele Haiti, Wyclef Jean's foundation) where you text something to a specific number and it donates money to the group.  If money is your preferred contribution that's great.  If not, there are other suggestions on every website.  (Generally, I like to promote donating blood, but apparently Haiti hasn't requested such aid yet.)  I just think as a huge and prosperous nation within a stone's throw of Haiti we can't stand idly by.  Okay, I have now stepped off my soap box.  I need to get down to business.  

No comments: