And in case you're wondering what offends me, it's this. I'm not really sure who decided that plus size models are size 12 and that those are "bigger" girls, but I would like to punch that person in the face. Or I would maybe ask someone who can actually pack a punch to punch them in the face. I think it's 100% ridiculous that girls who appear normal when you look at them are considered fat by the fashion industry. Damn you, D&G!
Surprisingly, that rant was a last minute entry into the daily blog. I would just like the record to show that my messy break-up with facebook will allow me more time to blog. (Please note this is my second blog in 16 hours. I'm looking at you, doubting Kristin.) Although, I'm not going to lie, the elimination of status updates does make it harder to remember everything I need to comment on in my blog, but maybe my brain will get stronger from having to remember all these things. (Wishful thinking.) So the ultimate goal is to use all the time I wasted on facebook to blog. And probably accomplish some valuable life goals as well. I can pretty much guarantee the first thing will happen. The second one is still up in the air.
I hear that yesterday Cincinnati was paralyzed by snow. We got overnight snow in Das Capital--probably less than an inch--but when it was coming down last night it looked so pretty! It was like pretty movie snow. If I could open my left window I would have photographed it and shared it with you. It was delightful. It definitely mellowed me out; I was worried I wasn't going to be able to sleep last night because I was super nervy. And even though I did wake up at 5:15 and about every 10 minutes after that until my alarm went off, it went better than I thought it would. I thought I would have crazy dreams about blowing the interview, but I didn't. So that's a major plus. I would also like the official record to show that there is a giant different between 6 a.m. and 7:15 a.m. I hated my life when my alarm went off today, even though I usually only sleep until 7:15 during the week. That extra hour killed me. It also led me to think about how I used to have to get up at the crack of dawn when I taught and then the song Break of Dawn (Brit) was stuck in my head all morning. (Thankfully listening to NPR on the way to my interview alleviated that problem.)
In further news, I created a Beyonce station today on Pandora and that, so far, has totally been the best decision of my day. It may even be better than Lady Gaga Radio. Actually, I am now convinced that is. (But to be clear, Lady Gaga Radio is numero dos. Because it's also awesome. Just not as awesome as Beyonce.)
So, I figure I owe you all a summary of my job interview after suffering through two blogs about said interview. It was like 5 hours long, but I think it went really well. I was RIDICULOUSLY nervous about having to teach a class, but when I said that I was nervous the head of the school said he couldn't tell at all, so that's good. (I think.) Best part of the interview? When the cute, young (and yes, guy--I'm not sure why my mom even asked) teacher introduced himself to me. He's super adorable. (Don't worry--I won't date a co-worker. I'm just saying; he would certainly visually enhance the landscape of the school.) Other best part of the interview? Getting to wear a dress and my new fancy coat. :) I love getting dressed up.
Two final thoughts. One: I have posted the above photograph to prove that I did in fact attend on Molly Johnson's wedding, since my camera did not make it, per the trick purse. Also, I have included the below photograph (despite how utterly ridiculous I look) to record the marriage of Sarby and Berg, per the calligrapher. As they were married, they had to sit at a table with another old, married couple at the reception. Whereas Sheridan and I were relegated to the kids' table. Obvs. (Also, please note as I am still listening to Beyonce I just need everyone to pause and appreciate how awesome Beyonce is. She's totally the bomb.)
My final thought of the day? Who-dey. Duh.


2 comments:
I am so excited for the blog update!! I didn’t doubt you as much as I was demanding regular updates. :)
** I deleted my first comment because I failed to proofread.
Post a Comment