Thursday, January 21, 2010

When It Rains, It Pours.

I enjoy a good double entendre.  And a good addendum.  Three things have transpired since earlier this morning that I feel compelled to share.


First, Kate and I had dinner at Guapo's tonight (delicious!).  But we foolishly did not check the weather.  Well, let's rephrase that.  I foolishly did not check the weather, which I almost compulsively do every day.  Mostly before I walk to work to double check that I will not need to swim there.  So today, rather than check weather.com, I decided to look out the window.  Sunny, yet cool I surmised.  Which was totally accurate.  Until we leave dinner and it's raining slash sleeting.  Talk about a mellow harsher.  A mile in the rain and sleet was not really what I was looking for to put a cap on my evening.  


Secondly, and I'm totally not embarrassed to admit that this was the most exciting part of my day, Kate and I also decided to watch Dexter.  Which was not the best part, but in order to appreciate the best part, you need a bit of background.  And here it is.  When we watch shows together, I frequently ask questions about what we're watching, which is humorous for two reasons.  1.  Kate refuses to answer any questions you may ask about a show you are watching that she has already watched.  2.  I always ask questions 7.583 seconds before their answer is given on the show.  So imagine my joy and surprise when Kate tells me we can start to watch season 4 of Dexter and she'll tell me the rest of season 3.  The real best part, though?  How extremely overexcited I got when Kate told me that and how my extreme over-excitement (shouting "Are you going to tell me?!" while over-enthusiastically tapping her arm) scared the crap out of our waitress.  Seriously.  She avoided us for approximately the next 5 minutes.  The funniest part is that it wasn't even something really important or serious.  Just a summary of a t.v. show.  I'm so pathetic.  


Lastly, I had two prescriptions filled yesterday for this super intense cough medicine.  Today, I took the daytime one when I got up, as you would expect.  It's an 8 hour medicine and I meant to take the second dose before I went to work, but just got carried away with a lot of different things, and forgot to.  So as Kate and I are talking I tell her I plan to go home and take my second dose of day time medicine and then take the codeine cough medicine before I go to bed.  And I also include my plan to possibly take a dose and a half of the codeine medicine since I still had trouble sleeping last night. (Please note:  this is not an exaggeration.  That's really how intense this shit is.)  Kate, Practical Kate, as  I like to call her, encourages me to NOT do that.  She's like "Um, I would really prefer that you NOT start the weekend off with an overdose".  I mean, I can see where she's coming from with that.  An overdose would really be a pretty serious downer.  I'm picking up what she's putting down.  And in deference to Kate, and my mom, who was also pretty appalled by my plan, I decided to just take half the daytime medicine and the normal amount of codeine, so as to prevent kicking the weekend off with an overdose.  Now I just have to watch Tudors until Libb come home since she forgot her keys.  Again.  

No comments: