Sunday, January 10, 2010

Newsflash.

I don't hate the Ravens.  In fact, I don't hate them so much that I have henceforth adopted them as my team for the playoffs.  They smoked the Pats.  Which is totally awesome.  When we were at lunch today there were a lot of people wearing Ravens jersey, and I found the only girl who has ever gotten more visibly into a sporting even than myself.  I think it was the second time the Ravens scored in the first quarter and she was behind the bar, literally jumping up and down and all around in a circle.  It was great.  I wish we were friends.  


In further news, the Bengals were awful yesterday.  And I hate to admit this out loud, but I don't really love Carson anymore.  I'm certainly not assigning the blame to him alone, I'm just saying that I don't feel he has contributed as positively to the team this year as he did in say, 2005/2006.  


On a totally unrelated note, I FINALLY got Jai Ho (Govi's wedding song) to play on my Lady Gaga Radio station on Pandora.  And I'm not embarrassed to admit that that was the most successful part of my day.  I would also strongly recommend that everyone create a Lady Gaga station on Pandora.  It will vastly improve your day.  Another way to improve your day is to go shopping in Georgetown (calm down, Mom.  I didn't buy anything).  We had a lovely day of shopping in Georgetown.  And we went to Georgetown Cupcake, a cute little cupcakery, to try it out.  I don't want to sound arrogant or bitchy, but I certainly didn't feel that $3 cupcake was much better than cupcakes I can whip up myself.  I've made cupcakes from scratch before and Georgetown Cupcake didn't dazzle me.  


Speaking of things that DON'T dazzle me, last night I received texts from both Miss Clayton and Miss Mattis last night that they were at Habits and Dan Bartender wasn't there.  I'm pretty sure that's a sign the apocalypse is coming.  So just get prepared for that.  Maybe buy some extra canned goods next time you're at the grocery store.  You know, whatever you need to do to survive.   


Last, but not least, Meg and I joined a book club together, which is great, but the real story about the book club I want to share is this.  So there were about 8 girls at the meeting tonight and it was our inaugural book club meeting so we were just sort of discussing how we thought the book club should go and stuff like that.  One of the girls who's in another book club was saying how they had a book club "secretary" who kept track of the books they read and sent out reminder emails and stuff and I was like "Yes!  That is what I want to do!", but I tried to play it cool because I don't know these girls and they don't have to like me.  So I let the moment pass and then we moved on to other things, and then Meg and I had to leave so I was like "Um, I don't want to be pushy, or too aggressive, or overzealous, but I'm totally okay to keep track of the books and send out reminder emails for meetings".  And let me tell you, no one fought me on that one.  When Meg and I were on our way home, she was like "As soon as they asked for someone to keep track of everything, I almost volunteered you" and I said "I almost volunteered myself, but I didn't want to offend anyone.  I could feel no one wanting the task, but these girls don't have to like me and I didn't want to be too intense".  Which is one of my greatest fears.  Well, that's a lie.  I don't really fear being too intense.  I actually know it's a reality about myself.  I just try to ease people into it.  And hope that it works out for me.  

1 comment:

Art said...

Like your blog. Auntie Kath sent me link. Check mine out if you get a chance, I'm on blogger too! Mr. Blum.

http://marketingartof.blogspot.com/