Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Perfect Compliment to Lady Gaga?

Elton John.  No joke.  As you well know if you caught the opening number of the Grammys earlier this evening.  Luckily, we had the brilliant stroke of genius to watch said awards this evening.  And I do not regret it.  And at one point during the opening number, Lady Gaga comes out playing dueling pianos with Sir Elton John.  It was so completely perfect there aren't even words to describe.  I had no idea that the combination of Lady Gaga and Elton John was exactly what my life was missing until it popped into my life.  That was delightful.


It's been many moons since I've watched an awards show in its entirety, but I have to say I don't regret having watched the Grammys tonight.  There have been some delightful pairings and, of course, we've really enjoyed judging people's attire.  I've also realized there are some serious gaps in my iTunes: some serious Beyonce (Diva, I'm looking at you here), ZBB, and Lady Antebellum.  Dave Matthews also performed my favorite song on his new album, You and Me, which was GREAT.  Best part?  His crazy, spastic dance moves.  I would say the Grammys were overall a success.  Even if I wasn't on board for Taylor Swift winning album of the year.  That's fine.  I can make my peace with it.  


Also, I realized in some Grammy inspired band stalking that one Dave Matthews (and his band) will be here, in Das Capital, with the Zac Brown Band on July 23rd.  I'm pretty sure that concert will be the bomb.  And I'm pretty sure you should be here for it.  

No comments: