A. I've needed to buy new running shoes for quite some time and really needed to do it before I left, but just got busy and figured I could buy running shoes in Das Capital. So on Thursday when I was running errands with Meg she said she needed to go get new running shoes, so we went together to this really cute place called Potomac River Running. The girl who was helping us was really nice and friendly, and as she was looking up Meg's shoe style I was just checking things out and thinking to myself that it was weird that this store was called Potomac River Running, since the Potomac River is in PA and this store and its branches are all in DC and NoVA. As I was contemplating this anomaly, I realized that the Potomac River is NOT in PA. It's in freaking Das Capital. Right by all the monuments. Which really just begs the question why am I such a giant moron?
B. On Friday, I decided that the best way to make myself feel better about my life and to celebrate the fact that I was FINALLY done moving and cleaning would be to get myself a manicure at the Asian nail place a few places down from the a-p-t. The lady doing my manicure asked if I was on my lunch hour and I told her that I had just moved to the area and didn't have a job, so no, I wasn't on my lunch hour. She asked where I was from and I told her I was from Cincinnati, Ohio and she then proceeded to ask me a bevy of (what I think she thought) were insightful questions about Ohio. I would like to share the three most insightful questions with you now. 1. Did you live on a farm? (Which, in her defense, I can see why you would ask that if you didn't really know much abut Ohio, so I just nicely told her that I did not in fact reside on a farm.) 2. Does it snow ten feet in Ohio? I told her that no, it doesn't snow 10 feet in Ohio; sometimes in really bad storms it might snow 2 feet, but it doesn't really snow 10 feet in Ohio. 3. Is Ohio close to Denver, Colorado? (This is the question where I may have accidentally belied my shock at her lack of geographic prowess. I fear my visual reaction may have shown my shock and horror.) I told her that no, Ohio and Colorado were not next to one another, and she said "Oh, that's right. There are a few states between them." Really? Just a few?
C. Last night, I went to Baltimore and saw Will Hoge and the Alternate Routes with Karen and June. Best. concert. ever. The Alternate Routes were great. They played tons and tons of great songs; the only thing that sucked was that they didn't really play for very long, which was sort of a bummer. And Will Hoge was delightful as well. He had a few kumbayah moments where he sat in a chair and sang a soulful song and played his guitar. Overall, the concert was a great success. The bars after the concert left a little something to be desired, and I may have gotten a little shitty with this obnoxious guy, but overall two very enthusiastic thumbs up. Yay Routes and Will Hoge!
No comments:
Post a Comment