I think the reality of my choice just set in. Today. No joke. On Monday, I had a dream that I ran out of money. Like I had the amount I was supposed to have and then I went to the store and was buying something and they told me no because I don't have any money. Let's also be clear that when I say I had a "dream" that occurred that is actually my current worst nightmare. That embodies (almost) everything that I fear could go wrong with my (allegedly) foolproof plan.
Additionally, my temp agency called me today to ask if I would pass out fliers for four days from 7:30-11:30 am. Now, I know that I don't have a ton of professional (and by professional, I mean corporate) experience, but for the love of god. I went to a legitimate university and have two degrees. Do you really think the thing I'm most qualified to do is hand out fliers?!?!
On the plus side, we're all in the apartment now! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! Me, Kate, Libby, and the cat. We had to move Libby's couch last night. I am not exaggerating when I say it almost ended our friendship. It was intense, ridiculous, and over the top. There was also, as I'm sure you're able to imagine, excessive swearing involved. It's a personal fault, I know. And now there's no one to monitor it because I'm not molding the minds.
On the other plus side, Kate and I are having a "Day 'o Fun" tomorrow because the power will be on and off tomorrow in our building, so I'm taking a break from obsessively searching for a job to acquaint myself with Das Capital. So many plus sides. About as many plus sides as minus sides. So that's like a giant neutral side. Is that a real thing? It is now. So let's just call today a wash and tomorrow will be way more awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment