Funny, then, how this past weekend did not include either of these lovely and delightful things. No sunshine, and no football. Well, there was a bit of sunshine on Sunday, if I'm being 100% honest. But there was not a lick of football. Which is a damn shame.
This past weekend was Libb's birthday and Jaime was in town, so I'm sure you can imagine the events. Jaim and I were busy sightseeing. Literally all day Friday and Saturday. (Not joking. At all. Jaim is a really serious tourist.) We literally got home on Saturday and ordered dinner and got ready for the birthday shenanigans. Also, I would like to take a moment to share a cautionary tale before we discuss the shenanigans. So Friday Jaime and I went to Arlington and did the monuments. As we're walking back towards the metro station, we were on the outer edge of the mall, so we basically walked up Constitution Ave. It was Friday afternoon around 4:30, so there was crazy traffic in the middle of rush hour. As Jaime and I are walking, we see this car with Ohio license plates (which excited both of us more than it should), but instead of being in the street it was in the part of the sidewalk between the curb and the actual sidewalk, where there are normally trees and grass. So Jaime and I comment about how weird that is and speculate upon the circumstances that led to said vehicle's fate. It wasn't until we continued to walk that we realized what was happening. There was a police officer on a motorcycle going down Constitution, ticketing every single car left in the far right lane after 4. (It was a rush hour lane; no parking 7-9:30 a.m. and 4-6:30 p.m.) So after this motorcycle cop ticketed said cars, there was a tow truck following right behind the police officer towing the cars out of the road and, basically, onto the sidewalk. So if you do not want this to happen to your car in Das Capital (see above right), please heed their parking signs.
Saturday Jaime and I went to the Holocaust museum (Also? Jaime a little too excited about a museum that commemorates genocide), which took about 100 years, got stuck in a deluge, and briefly went to the American history museum. Then we came home and got ready to go to the bar. (But not before getting hosed by Mr. Chen. I think Jaime is still upset about that.) So for Libb's birthday we went to a bar called Science Club. That is the actual name of the bar. Awesome. I would like to note three things from the weekend.
1. Making sangria and then drinking it all yourself can your brain feel extremely unpleasant the next day.
2. I really have a problem with never wanting to leave the bar. I blame Miss Clayton for that.
3. I realized this weekend that 98% of my drunk texts go to Libby. Also? 99.89% of the time I am with her at the bar. Why am I texting her, you may ask? That is one of life's unanswerable questions.
When Kate was finally able to tear me away from the bar we were walking up towards Dupont to get a cab and we realized that we could still make the metro. (How that was possible I will never know because it was after 3.) In any case, I seriously think we had to wait for 719035584967839 years for the last train. And I'm pretty sure as Kate was complaining about the long metro wait I just kept reminding her how economical we were being by saving cab fare.
Yesterday, as I'm sure you can imagine, was really productive. SIKE! Kate and I did pretty much nothing all day. Jaime left early (after apparently I told her I was getting ready. That was an out and out lie.) so we all gathered in the living room for some touching family lessons (we were watching Full House) and then we ended up watching Man vs. Food. I honestly would never have thought as many people as were in our living room could actually fit had it not happened. We had three people on the couch, Kate, Chris, and Ollie on the floor, I was in the papisan, Dave on the other couch and Sid on the floor pretending like we weren't there and still trying to sleep. Good luck, dude. It was a little ridiculous. But nigh around noon everyone got hungry and we had to venture out to secure food. It was then--well, technically it was when we got back, but I think you get the point--that Kate introduced me to a gem of a (tragically cancelled) series, Freaks and Geeks. I would like to reco that this goes in your Netflix queue, if you have Netflix. If you don't have Netflix, I would recommend some alternative means of viewing this series. So hilario.

No comments:
Post a Comment