So I think my mom thought she was doing something nice for me when she gave me fall-themed super sticky post-its. And she totally was. The problem? I really, really like super sticky post-its (even more than regular post-its) and I find them to be very helpful and convenient when reminding myself of things. However, I now have approximately half a dozen fall leaf shaped post-its in various places on my desk, reminding me of things like Jaime's address, a password for job applications that I can't remember for the life of me, and the name of the movie theatre Libb and I are going to tonight among others. I feel like I need to rake my desk. This is a little ridiculous. (And I also secretly love it.)
Today is also, among many other things, the second day of gross weather in a row in Das Capital. It's been raining literally all day. If you've been on facebook at all today, you know that it's 48, feels like 42, is steadily raining and the humidity is 87%. Just imagine what my hair looks like. Huge and frizzy are the first adjectives I'd use to describe the mess on my head right now. But if you're interested in brainstorming some more, I am taking suggestions.
Also, this lady called me earlier today to set up a job interview. I would like to note two things from our conversation (because I really freaking love to note things).
1. You would think I'd be excited at the prospect of a real job. Which I am. But the most exciting thing about the interview? I get to wear this slammin' dress I got at the Limited and haven't had occasion to wear yet. So even if the interview goes horribly (which I can't imagine, because hello, I'm pretty dazzling, right?) it will still be a win-win(-win) because I get to wear the dress. Also, in practice for said job, I'm attempting to type this blog post as quickly and accurately as possible. I was doing really well until I accidentally typed bog instead of blog. And spell check almost didn't catch it. Thank god I have eagle eyes!
2. Sandra, the lady who called me, totally doesn't mess. I have never been on the phone with someone and thought that they were talking too fast in their life. (Because, duh, that would be like the pot calling the kettle black. Hello, Kettle? This is Rachel. You're black.) She was totally legit. She asked me like 1,000 questions, but wasn't scary at all. I say that only because sometimes extreme efficiency, such as that possessed by Sandy, makes me uncomfortable. Much like policemen, firemen, and armed soldiers. But that's more about authority than efficiency.
And last, but CERTAINLY not least, I have to do my Thursday PSA: don't forget to watch the 'Cats take on the South Florida Bulls tonight at 7:30 on ESPN! Unless you're going to do something stupid like cheer for South Florida. Then I invite you to not watch. Butthead. I would also like to take a moment to complain about how uneven my tv watching schedule is. Everything good is on Thursdays, particularly on this Thursday. Libb and I are going to see Where the Wild Things Are tonight at 6 (sooo excited!), the UC game starts at 7:30, The Office is on at 9 and Project Runway is on at 10. And we might be going to the bar after the movie. However, I refuse to go unless we can watch the game at the bar. Never let it be said that I don't have my priorities straight. I refuse to miss the game and I'm excited about the dress I get to wear to the job interview more than the actual interview. Yep. I'm awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment