Tuesday, September 29, 2009

General Musings

First, I would like to express general rage and astonishment at the fact that every single pair of shoes I own for some heinous reason hits in the same spot on the back of my heel.  So I keep attempting to wear close-toed shoes in anticipation of the seasonal change, yet god is smiting me and not permitting said seasonally appropriate footwear.  Not only do I have blisters on my right heel, but I now have blisters on the back of my left heel from my driving mocs, which I love.  I refuse to desist wearing these excellent shoes in Das Capital.  I am currently working on a plan that allows me to wear all my shoes and simultaneously prevents blisters.  I will let you know what I come up with.


Secondly, I'm pleased to report I had my first semi-dinner party last night and it was fabulously successful! I was concerned the awkward size and layout of my kitchen would complicate entertaining, yet I could not be inhibited!  Because I am awesome.  Duh.  (Side-note:  I'm really digging my gas stove.  It makes me feel very culinary.)  I made chilaquiles and sangria and Megan and Erin were dazzled.  Which is quite exciting considering how simple the things I made actually were.  I think I deceived them and they thought they were tricky slash complicated.  Which they are not.  Chilaquiles are one of those great culinary triumphs where people think you've concocted something extremely difficult, but it's actually quite simple.

No comments: