Thought Numero Uno
My new pharmacist, Osama (seriously his name), reminds me of that muppet who was bald and a scientist and never talked, he just made squeaky sounds. I mean, Osama talks, but physically he very much resembles said muppet, so I have a really hard time taking him seriously.
Thought Dos
I think god might be playing a joke on me. Will Hoge and the Alternate Routes are playing together in Baltimore in two weeks and there's no one who will accompany me to said concert. Woe is me!
Thought Three
Writing cover letters sucks my soul. In fact, I'm blogging right now to take a break from writing another cover letter. I wish that my standard cover letter could be "Dear Blah Blah Blah, I am freaking awesome. Please call or email at your earliest convenience so we can set up an interview time where I will proceed to dazzle you with my many talents and skills. Kisses, Rachel". I'm not sure why, but I think that might not be the most successful route.
Thought Four
I made some Crystal Light today (fruit punch--yum!), and it reminded me of summers at the pool and that made me sad. But not too sad to continue drinking the Crystal Light. Mostly due to said deliciousness.
Thought Five
Here's a word to the wise: metal in a conductor. Of both heat and electricity. But for the purposes of our tale, it is more important to bear in my mind that it is a conductor of heat. It also is important to keep in mind that metal handles, when exposed to flames (like those of a gas stove) will conduct said heat into aforementioned handle. So tightly grabbing the skillet handle that's been on the stove for 30 minutes is a POOR move. It will lead to a burn. And some loud swearing. And almost dropping your dinner on the ground, but not quite. That would have been a definite insult to injury situation. Thankfully, I escaped with just an injury.
Thought Five
Here's a word to the wise: metal in a conductor. Of both heat and electricity. But for the purposes of our tale, it is more important to bear in my mind that it is a conductor of heat. It also is important to keep in mind that metal handles, when exposed to flames (like those of a gas stove) will conduct said heat into aforementioned handle. So tightly grabbing the skillet handle that's been on the stove for 30 minutes is a POOR move. It will lead to a burn. And some loud swearing. And almost dropping your dinner on the ground, but not quite. That would have been a definite insult to injury situation. Thankfully, I escaped with just an injury.
No comments:
Post a Comment