Here are my thoughts on DC so far.
1. I think I definitely stick out as a Midwesterner. Well, maybe not necessarily Midwest, but I think people can tell I'm not from the East Coast because when I'm walking places and catch people's eye, I smile at them, like people do in friendly places, like the Midwest. Apparently, I need to work on my frigid and aloof demeanor, because that's what people are into on the East Coast.
2. My really extensive and awesome mental map of Cincinnati is 100% useless in Das Capital. (I would actually prefer if we could all it that from now on.)
3. I may have found the only place with more chaotic and spaztic weather than Cincinnati. So far, it has been rainy and humid, cooled off, warmed up, rained out of nowhere, been 65, and today it allegedy is going to be sunny and 81. I'll believe that one when I see it.
4. I'm doing laundry today, and my compulsive college laundry persona has taken over. I deliberately chose a work day morning to do laundry, because I figured there wouldn't be a lot of other peeps doing laundry. Additionally, I left my basket on top of my washer, and practically ran down to the laundry room when I realized I had left my clothes longer than the cycle. I have this fear that someone else is going to touch my clean laundry and that really grosses me out. I would blame that on my mom, but Libby feels that way as well, so I guess I can't blame that one on The Jillda.
5. I encourage everyone to visit, if for no other reason than the flippin' fabulous people watching. The other day I got distracted by people watching I missed the street I had to turn on to arrive at my destination. And let's be honest, people watching is more fun when someone else is as horrified by other people's choices as you are. Come one, come all--the Hotel Raquel is open. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment