This is what I learned today at Avenue Q. Well, that, and another lesson that I'd rather not share here. My mother reads this blog, after all.
I know it's been a long time, but this will be quick since it's already after 11. Yipes! Okay, so first of all I endorse Avenue Q to anyone who likes humor, Muppets, inappropriate jokes, or any combination of the above items. It was totally hilarious. There were a few times the muppets offended my sensitive moral code, if I'm being honest. However, the overall musical was excellent and I think anyone would enjoy it. Just don't take children with you.
In other interesting "This shit only happens to me" news, I accidentally flooded the boy's bathroom today and then, because there was no mop available, I had to basically mop his bathroom floor with towels. So first of all, in my defense, he told me YESTERDAY that his shower was draining slowly. Not 5 minutes before I got in the shower. Like 18 hours before I took a shower. I can't be expected to retain information like that for 18 hours. So anyway, the shower in MD (and yes, I am pretending like this is a problem endemic to Maryland) takes for-ev-errrrr to warm up so I usually turn it on and brush my teeth then hop in the shower. Lo and behold, that was my fatal error today. The bottom of the shower was already covered when I got in the shower. I don't know why that didn't ding lights in my mind. Like "Hey, Idiot. This is going to be a GIANT problem." but nothing like that registered. At all. So I'm just taking a shower, noting the significant amount of water in the shower with me, but I just figured it was going down the drain. Ho, ho--what a mistake that thought was! So to make a long story short, I ended up having to use towels to clean up the literally standing water that is all over the bathroom, but since there was so much water I had to keep wringing out the towels and now my arms are sore! Isn't that pathetic?! Yes. The answer is yes. This is completely 100% pathetic. If it could be more than 100% lame then that's how ridiculous this would be. On the upshot, it did motivate me to pack gym clothes for tomorrow. Fingers crossed that motivation sticks with me through the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment