Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Happy First of the Month?!?!

I'm sort of in denial that it's already December, for a great many reasons that we don't really need to get into on the blog.  But I think the most important thing we need to ask ourselves right now is where the heck did December come from?!  I refuse to believe there were actually 30 days in November this year.  I think some of them got hijacked.


So, in other news, going home for Thanksgiving was great.  The drive sucked my soul, but actually being home was excellent.  I love hanging with the fam and drawing humpback whales with Christopher.  It was great to see the girls, Dan Bartender, and the fam.  (Yes, I went there.)  And of course, the shenanigans.  I won't name any names, but I think we all know what we're talking about--cough, cough, Saturday night.  You know who you are. And I even got to have goetta for brunch on Sunday!  Seriously, every time I go to brunch here I look for goetta.  I don't know why I waste my time.  Sometimes I sort of forget it's a Cincinnati thing; I tend to think the things I like should be available to me whenever I want them.  (Hence the texting I do on Friday and Saturday nights demanding the presence of certain Cincinnati residents.)  Plus, we learned a new car game on the drive back AND we didn't have to sit in hours of traffic (always a bonus!):  all in all, I would say the trip was a certain success. 


In other news, I think we're having our first gathering in the apartment this weekend.  Well, we sort of had people over for Libb's birthday, but that was really just a pre-bar venture.  We're considering having a college football party (which you know I'm on board for) because it's more economical than going to the bar and the game is on ABC, so we don't really need to go to the bar.  We'll see how this shakes out.  I'm so excited for the UC/Pitt game.  Which brings me to my next point.  My secret announcer boyfriend, Kirk Herbstreit, and I are on the outs right now because he keeps bringing up Brian Kelly's name as a possible replacement for Charlie Weiss (henceforth referred to as Big Chuck) at Notre Lame.  I would like the official record to reflect two things.  1. There are not words to describe the rage that will emanate from me if Notre Lame steals BK.  He is a delightful gem and does not belong in South Bend.  He belongs in Cincinnati.  The Queen City and one of the most awesome places in the world.  2.  I will never again be able to support Notre Lame in any sort of capacity for the rest of my days if they steal BK.  (Please note that I keep referencing the theft of Brian Kelly.  This is because I refuse to believe that anyone would willingly leave Cincinnati for South Bend, IN.  I drove through there once.  Underwhelming.)  

No comments: