Yep, that's right. As you may have inferred from the title, I went to New York for the first time this weekend, and little known fact about New York: last call at the bar is at 4 a.m. So that was a big change. (When I told my mom that nugget of knowledge, she asked if I stayed until the bar closed. I can't believe she even had to ask.) 4 a.m. last call also really messed with my Sunday. And by "messed with my Sunday" I mean prevented me from getting any sort of reasonable amount of sleep and, as a result, I wanted to go to bed at 5 p.m. yesterday. I didn't, but I really wanted to. Now, I know lots of people who a) live in New York, and b) go and immediately love it and want to live there. I must say I am in neither camp. It's possible that if I returned I may feel differently, and don't get me wrong--I definitely had fun while I was there this weekend--but my lack of desire to reside in the Empire State stems from two things, I believe. A) There are no trees, except for in Central Park. I blame my dad for always needing lots of greenery near me, but there's too much concrete in New York and not enough nature. And B) there were people everywhere all weekend. I mean, it was better in Laura's neighborhood, but when we were downtown it was a giant CF the whole time. At one point, we were so jammed into a giant mass of humanity that Laura and I commented to one another that someone could have attempted to steal my wallet, grab my ass, or really anything else for that matter and we wouldn't have been able to do a damn thing about it. That's how many people were around us. However, in an attempt to be fair to New York I would also like to say that we had a lot of really yummy food (Public, MXCO, I'm looking at you here) and I did have a really good time. I love that the neighborhood bar Laura took us was called The Stumble Inn. (There would be pictures included in this blog except my camera battery died on Thursday evening. Tight.) I also love that Laura and I refused to accept Meg's attempts to be a responsible adult and not drink at the bar. (I do, however, again apologize for the awful hangover that she experienced on the Lord's Day.) Overall, I would say the trip to New York was a giant success and I would definitely go back. I will also continue to pressure Katie and Laura to come to Das Capital.
You may be wondering to yourself right now what wasn't a giant success, and I will tell you. Watching the Crosstown Shootout last night. That was an epic failure and I was super upset about it. It's reason #581309583748310 I hate Comcast. Apparently, ESPNU isn't included in our basic cable package. Please let the record accurately reflect that this is the first time in my entire life that I have missed the Crosstown Shootout. Which only fueled my rage towards Comcast last night. And our decision as an apartment to either switch to Verizon, or make Comcast give us better shit. The girls' are drawing their line in the sand at HBO and/or Showtime. Mine is ESPNU. I also missed a UC football game in the same manner. Which is unacceptable. Clearly, Comcast is trying to ruin my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment