Dear November,
You are over. Your time to shine has come and gone. I would really appreciate it if, in the future, you could take your shitty weather with you when you leave.
Thanks,
Rachel
So perhaps I've become seasonally spoiled, as we get a pretty sampling of all 4 seasons in the heart of it all, but so far winter in Das Capital is letting me down. I haven't had to wear more than a vest yet, and I think it's rained about half the days since we've come back from Thanksgiving. Yesterday, I stupidly wore ballet flats on a day that was supposed to rain and I just wasn't thinking it through when I got dressed. And I had to traipse all over Tenleytown to get my hair cut, get the kids from school, and then stop at the grocery on my way home. And just for the record, those shoes are still wet.
On a more positive note, yesterday when I stopped at the grocery store there were Christmas trees outside the store and it totally smelled like Christmas. I'm so excited for Christmas! Yesterday, I was listening to a Christmas song with the kids and one of the girls asked why Christmas was the most wonderful time of the year and not Halloween or Valentine's Day. I told her it was because Christmas was way awesomer than those holidays. Also, I've been doing a REALLY great job of listening to Christmas music all the time. In fact, I'm listening to Christmas music right now. The song from A Charlie Brown Christmas where they skate on the pond. And one of my goals today is to start writing Christmas cards. We'll see how that goes. I always get really ambitious, but the fact of the matter is that you can't apply to multiple jobs, run 5 miles, clean the bathroom, unpack, clean the kitchen floor, and start Christmas cards, plus take a shower and be ready to go to work all before 1:30. Which is why tomorrow will be super productive.
Last note for the day. I found this gem on Yahoo! this morning. At first, I was outraged. Outraged that a) someone was considering this news and b) someone actually had the gall to do this at a wedding. But then I thought about it a little more and if it's a joke I think it's funny. If it's serious, please see above. You be the judge for yourself: Facebooking at your wedding?! (If you click the link, you have to scroll through the stories on yahoo to where it says "Grooms sudden facebook post". That's what you're after.)
No comments:
Post a Comment