Okay, so I have to say it: blogging is a lot of pressure. I feel like I have to find something funny that happened or something funny to say every day. I'm not that funny. My life is pretty hum-drum. Although I do have two other blog developments.
1. I would like to clear the name of one Emily Longenecker. While it is true that Emily will NOT accompany me to the play or any other theatric production, she DID come with me to the Taft Museum today for their college night thing. Which actually ended up being supremely awkward. I figured there would be enough people there that no one would notice that Em and I had already graduated. HA! That's what I get for thinking. So it turned out to be a really small gethering and Emily and I sat down at a table to make collages at the collage table (because we're soooo cool) and lo and behold, NOT ONLY do we sit down with Yoni Sarason's mom, but the museum ladies also kept asking us all these questions about being school and people we know. Damn those well connected people exposing my rouse!! However, on the upside, I would like to give the Taft Museum maaad props because I walked out of there with an exhibition catalog for their current exhibit (which, by the way, I would DEFINITELY recommend to a friend if you're looking for something to do). So the verdict is I'm pretty sure they knew we were scamming their event, but I walked with an exhibit catalog, so I'm comfortable with the whole thing. What I am NOT comfortable with is the constant word vomit of the selfsame Emily Longenecker this evening. Not only did Em out us at the Taft, she also randomly leaned over to the guy next to us at Chipotle and asked if he knew who the district 2 Congressman was. I believe the phrase "not Steve Chabot, but the other guy" was actually used. This guy could not have had any less of a clue of what was going on around him. I'm glad that wasn't awkward. Also, apprently, Emmie was having some balance problems at Chipotle because she kept running into the guy next to her and as he left she yelled "Sorry I kept running into you!"
2. Hmmmm...I kind of forget what my second point was supposed to be...Oh, the other day I told Chachy (that's Sharie to you, Em) that I had a blog and she asked if I wrote about her and I said yes, all kinds of mean things and she believed. That was pretty freaking hilario. Speaking of Chachy, I'm sitting on the couch right now with her business cards that say "Chachy McChachalot, Life Schientist". My roommate is a life scientist!! I mean, I know what her job is, but I don't feel like "life scientist" describes. To me, life scientist sounds like someone who sits with a clipboard while people talk about their problems and she writes them down and then talks about them. Really, she imports files with Excel all day...or something like that (sorry, Chach, that I don't have a more accurate grasp of what your job entails). All I know is that Chach frequently complains about how sitting at her desk makes her neck and shoulders hurt, so I think the Excel conjecture is pretty right on.
Yep, so that's pretty much it. Everyone have an excellent Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment