Sunday was Leah's birthday (Happy birfday, Finns!) and last night was the birthday hoopla at 2552 Madison. FYI, cake denotes a hoopla. So if you're even unclear on whether there's a birthday hoopla or not, just see if there's cake. That's your dead giveaway. Anyway, I have to watch scary movies with Stef while we waited for Finns and the Gov...which, by the way, took FOREVER. I think Gov must have gotten sucked into a birthday dinner vortex with Maris. And, on a side note, Gov is the only friend who STILL hasn't seen my apt--well, except for Lindy, but since she's not on the continent right now, I'll give her a break. I'm pretty generous. So when the Gov fiiiiiiinally showed up, we had cake. Stef forked Leah's name into the cake, which was tight because the cake was blank which is way unacceptable for a birthday cake. Everyone knows that birthday cakes have to say "Happy Birthday, (insert name of celebrant here)!!" so it was a good thing that Stef took care of that for Leah. Anyway, the cake was small and I think my friends thought I was joking when I said that I wanted to eat the whole cake. (I didn't--don't worry) I'm pretty sure all my Sunny B roommates will back me up when I say that fat kids always eat all the cake. And I've been a fat kid masquerading as a not-fat kid recently. The only sugary thing in my apt is the freaking albino fudgsicles (mmmmm) and those are made with Splenda. So last night was like my fat kid reunion with icing. Man, it was good.
Let's see...in other news, I got my ass KICKED in express pilates tonight. When they say express, they are not kidding. There are no breaks and no nice-ness. It is 35 minutes of ass kicking pilates. But I love it and I'll probably be back next Tuesday. Also, I have a problem with the Gilmore Girls (I promise that's not as random as it sounds...I was watching Gilmore Girls while I was running after pilates). I used to think it was a really dumb show and that they talked too much, but now I can't get enough. I'm really sad that ABC Family moved the re-runs to 7pm nightly. Doesn't the network president know that I have a life and I can watch 4pm re-runs but not 7pm re-runs?!?! Bastard! What other news is there to report...not very much. Only two days until the dreaded French class. And for all you francophiles out there, don't worry: I don't hate French, just my French professor. So please lay that fear to rest. Thanks. Alright, well, that ladies and gentlemen is the sound of my dryer going off so I'm going to get back to my laundry. Peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment