Thursday, April 08, 2010

Ohio is a saucy minx.

I would like the official record to show that if I ever have to file four different tax returns again, I am paying someone to do them for me.  That was the most ridiculous thing I have ever done.  Okay, so that's a gross exaggeration, but taxes are not self evident and I would appreciate a little help.  Like some freaking directions on your website.  (DC, I'm looking at you here.)  Who doesn't post directions on their tricky ass returns online?!  That in an of itself is enough to make me not want to re-elect Fenty.  I got so caught up in taxes that I didn't get ironing done today!  And I have the biggest pile of ironing in the history of the world on my bed right now.  And I keep moving it daily--bed to desk chair, desk chair to bed--and it's driving me insane!  And let's talk about how moving in the middle of tax time is annoying, as well.  Because then you're a part year resident of two different places with completely different laws.  And DC has some weird ass laws.  


In more exciting news, I finally found a (semi-real) job.  Which is pretty fantastic.  Weeknight social activities, here I come!  I'm excited to re-join the ranks of gainfully employed adults who work normal hours.  And (fingers crossed) I'll find a teaching job for the fall.  So I can mold some minds.  Woot, woot.  I have lots of wisdom to impart.  Instructional, and otherwise.  


And in general observations of why I'm a giant moron I apparently thought it would be a fantastic idea to toss out all my flops at the end of last summer.  Which, to be fair, did need to be done.  They were getting pretty rough.  However, it has been 80 degrees almost every day this week, which is perfect flop weather, and I do not have said footwear.  Which has led to some interesting fashion choices this week.  It is my greatest goal to bring flops back into my life tomorrow.  

No comments: