Friday, April 02, 2010

Mr. Proctor & Mr. Gamble are two of the trickiest bastards ever.

I realize how inflammatory this statement may be in the Queen City, global headquarters of Mr. Proctor and Mr. Gamble's company.  Henceforth referred to as Proctor & Gamble.  Or P&G, if you will.  But please allow me to explain the basis of said inflammatory statement.


I had been meaning to clean our bathroom for a week now.  I finally got around to it yesterday, because that's how things have been going in Das Capital.  I had also bought Mr. Clean Magic Erasers for bathrooms.  Which, because I'm a nerd, I was pretty pumped about.  


So, as I'm cleaning yesterday, I'm thinking about how fantastic Magic Erasers are.  I'm pretty sure this was my exact line of thought, as I was jamming to my iPod and cleaning the bathroom:  "Wow.  Magic Erasers are fantastic.  I would like to shake the hand of the chemist who came up with this.  I wonder if Chachy had to fill out those thingees for the cleaning guys in Magic Erasers."  And then I was thinking to myself, "What brilliant company created the most magical eraser of all?"  At which point, I flipped my Mr. Clean box over and saw "distributed by the Proctor & Gamble Corporation, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202".  And this was literally my exact reaction, "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!  You tricky bastards!  You own everything!!"  I'm not sure what prompted such a strong overreaction, but that's what happened.  But don't let my strong overreaction confuse you:  I still think that Magic Erasers are the most fantastic cleaning innovation.  

No comments: