First, my sincere and most humble apologies to Kristin. I was really getting in the groove of daily blogging and yesterday just totally got away from me for a variety of reasons. Which will not be enumerated here.
In any case, Lindy got into town last night and it was fantastic to catch up. But before Lindy got here, I decided to kill some time by watching a re-run of Criminal Minds that we DVR-ed from the day before. Please let the record show I chose the absolute WORST Criminal Minds ever to watch alone, by myself, at night. I had to go get something from my room after it was over and there were no lights on in my room (because I love the planet) and I hesitated before walking into my room. Really? What the crap is your problem, Elsener? No one is in your room. Even if you just watched a scary crime show. No one sneakily got into your apartment. The problem when I watch crime shows is that I have a really active imagination. (Add it to the list of reasons why I'm still actually like 8: active imagination, daily use of detangler, daily consumption of juice boxes.) I think what this really is getting at is my irrational fear of being gotten. Like when Chach and I used to live together I used to always get worried when I was doing laundry in the basement that someone was going to get into our apartment and then I was going to come upstairs and they were going to get me. (And for the record, no, I cannot be more specific about what's involved in being gotten. But it is a very real concern.) So having spent the previous 45 minutes on end, you can imagine how when Lindy called to tell me she was here I practically jumped out of my skin because my phone vibrated. (Also? Reason # 570395737463595 I can never live alone.)
T minus 46 hours until Brother Bear arrives. T minus 46 hours until Fraturday commences. (You may want to call me on Sunday and make sure I made it through Fraturday. Activities unclear. Shenanigans guaranteed.)
No comments:
Post a Comment