Monday, March 01, 2010

Getting back in the groove.

Slowly, but steadily, I'm getting back in the groove.  Three consecutive days, three consecutive blog posts. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.  (I'm looking at you here, Kristin.)  


You might be thinking to yourself, "It's only 10:48 a.m.  What could possibly already have happened today?!" and that would be valid.  But let me tell you what has already happened.  I did 5 loads of laundry. And because I'm a psycho, it's more involved than it should be.  


Let's take Exhibit A:  I decided to try Tide Coldwater because I always do my laundry in cold water.  It seemed like a really brilliant idea.  Except I forgot how much I love Tide Original Scent and how Coldwater is trying to have some other scent that is NOT Tide Orig.  Now, let me stop you here.  I'm fully aware that to a great many people there is no discernible difference between Tide Orig and Clean Breeze and probably between Tide Orig and Cold Tide.  But those people are indiscernible chuckleheads.  Because they are VERY different.  Tide Orig makes the best smelling laundry in the world.  And I think that P&G is getting really excited about their other scents because it can be quite tricky to find Tide Orig.  (Gov, I'm looking to you to handle this situation.)  To the extent that when I find it, I get super excited and use all sorts of hyperbolic terms, like "shangri-la" and "holy grail".  


Exhibit B:  I was finishing up my laundry, taking my darks out of the dryer, when I see something unfamiliar in my pile.  Upon further investigation, I realize someone else's underwear have made it into the dryer with my clothes.  This really grossed me out.  But I've mellowed myself out with the following consolations:  1.  At least they were girl underwear.  (I'm not sure how that made me feel better, but it did.)  2.  If they were in the dryer, they probably came there from the washer, which means they are clean.  (For the love of god, don't antagonize this point.)  


Last two points.  
1.  Libb and I played Scrabble last night, which was fantastic.  The best part?  In the rules for Scrabble there are 10 tips to "instantly improve your Scrabble game".  Tip #10?  Attitude.  The Scrabble rules say, and I quote, "Keep in mind that anyone can beat anyone else with a certain amount of luck.  Also remember that everyone draws poor combinations of tiles at times, so when you do, take pleasure in making the best play you can.  Finally, don't dwell on your mistakes.  Everyone makes them, so go easy on yourself, and just enjoy playing."  Thanks for the fantastic motivational speech, Hasbro.  I feel way better about my Scrabble loss now.
2.  Half marathon training is going fantastically.  Biggest problem?  Wanting to dance to my iPod instead of run.  Should any of you be seeking new tunes for a running slash workout mix, I'd like to recommend the following:
*Last Name--Carrie Underwood (possibly written about me)
*Jai Ho--Slumdog Millionaire Sdtk
*Girlfriend--*NSync & Nelly (oldie but goodie)
*Tik Tok--Kesha
*Boys, Boys, Boys--Lady Gaga (How can you not like a song with lyrics like this: "I like you a lot lot, All we want is hot hot, Boys boys boys, We like boys in cars, Boys boys boys, Buy us drinks in bars"?!?!)
*Crazy Bitch--Buckcherry.  I apologize for the title of the last song, and I'm pretty sure that I should find this song horribly offensive, but I totally don't.  In fact, I want to run faster and kick total ass whenever I hear this song.  
Further suggestions available upon request.  


Have a fantastic week.  Spring is just around the corner.

No comments: