Thursday, February 11, 2010

This just happened.

Let's backtrack a bit.  Take a jaunt into the past.  And when I say "past" I mean Sunday.  Or, more accurately, Superbowl Sunday.  (I'm actually pretty embarrassed I forgot to blog about the Superbowl until now.)  I was, of course, on Team Saints.  Because a) Peyton is too close to embrace, and b) how can you not get on Team Saints?!  New Orleans and Drew Brees were making a simultaneous comeback.  How can you NOT like it?!  


The girls and I had grand plans for the Superbowl, which were thwarted by SnowMG, so we ended up just watching the game here.  We went to the grocery store to get some snacks and stuff and turned on pre-game and were sort of watching and sort of talking about lots of different and random stuff.  I would just like to share an actual conversation that transpired between us on Superbowl Sunday. 
Libb:  "So how do you know when you like someone?"
(Awkward pause amongst all 3 of us.)
Kate: (first to recover.  of course.)  "I think when you get excited when they call you and you want to hang out with them.  If you dread their phonecalls and don't want to hang out, that's probably not a good sign."
Me:  "That sounds legit.  I'm not really sure."
Libb, Kate:  "Yeah, me neither."


So it snowed a ton over the weekend and then it snowed more yesterday.  We now have approximately 4 feet of snow blanketing the ground in Das Capital.  Yesterday, I was getting really cranky because I had been inside for 36 hours.  So today I got up and went running right away and then I made breakfast for the girls.  Which really turned into brunch, because as I went I just kept making more and more (shocking, right?).  So after brunch, Kate decided that we should attempt to dig out our cars.  Which sounded like a good idea, but turns out that was a pretty laughable idea.  But it was great.  It's finally SO nice out.  Sun shining, birds chirping.  (Okay, so there are no birds because it's 30 degrees.)  And snow EVERYWHERE.  Literally everywhere.  I'm the first to admit I'm prone to hyperbole, but this is not it.  There is literally snow everywhere you turn.  I couldn't even see my car when we walked up to it.  Obviously we took pictures.  (Which are forthcoming.)  And then I fell in the snow.  And then I made a snowball.  And then I decide to adapt the song "Shots, shots, shots, shots, shots, shots" and make it "Snow, snow, snow, snow, snow, snow" while dancing down the middle of the street.  I feel bad for my poor roommates for having to deal with me yesterday; I'm like an annoying puppy that you have to let outside every few hours and it gets really fidgety and cranky when it's left inside too long.  So I'm sure you can imagine how much more positively I feel about life today than I did at this time yesterday.  Aaaaand Kate and I are going to meet Ellen for happy hour tonight.  We're finally digging out!  

No comments: