Wednesday, February 10, 2010

LIFE THREATENING BLIZZARD CONDITIONS HAVE DEVELOPED RAPIDLY ACROSS THE BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON REGION THIS MORNING

I was finally able to dig my lap top out of the 3 feet of the snow blanketing Das Capital.  And hence able to update all of you on the karmic punishment (I refuse to believe 2 blizzards in 5 days is anything less that bad karma.) raining down on the entire Mid-Atlantic.


We're well into our third foot of snow.  I'll update with pictures later to fully illustrate the craziness of said storm. (Which has been called, at different times, Snowpocalyspe:  The Sequel, Snowmageddon, and SnowMG.  Oh, and Snow Joke.  And Snowtorious BIG.  So actually when it snows a lot we just sit around at the bar coming up with ridiculous names for the blizzards.)  But just for starters:  almost every tree in the front of our building has sustained some damage, windows are so cold that snow is starting to stick to my window, and my car (which I park on the street) is so buried I'm not even really sure which one is mine.  I figure I'll see Heidi again around my birthday.  Which is roughly when I assume DC will raise its head from this ridiculousness.  NWS's statement on said ridiculousness: The Cliffnotes version is that they agree with me.  DC will thaw in the spring time.  Snow is predicted two more times in the 10 day forecast and we'll be lucky to crack 40 degrees in the same amount of time.  You think I'm exaggerating, but I'm not.  At all.  And you can't even go outside because apparently leaving your house results in immediate death.  (Per the NWS statement)  In case you couldn't tell I'm nearing the end of my "playing nicely indoor" rope.  Something has to give.  It is my greatest hope that it's the snow, and not my sanity.  


In other news, I would like to share that the word of the day today (per dictionary.com) is tarradiddle.  Which means a petty faleshood, fib or pretentious nonsense.  I think this could be one of the top 10 best words ever, and I would like to encourage everyone to use said word today.  


Furthermore, I would like to rage momentarily against iTunes.  I remember when you could get good cd's for $8 or $12.  I'm offended that now albums are like $16 or $17.  And individual songs are $1.29.  What is that crap?!  If you're looking to avoid piracy, music industry, don't raise your prices.  Lower them.

1 comment:

Art said...

Mr. Elsner is full of tarradiddle... but a really nice guy! There, I used it in a sentence.