Which is why I am writing this at 11:10 p.m. instead of in the morning. Because I keep putting it off and Kristin keeps giving me a hard time (which I actually love) and I told her that my ultimate life goal was to update the blog tonight. Which is a pretty pathetic ultimate life goal, but also pretty on par with my life right now.
So here's the bummer: I've slacked for 10 days and there's no way I can keep track of 10 days of funny. So you have to settle for the highlight reel. Much like the Top 10 on SportsCenter. Except it's late and I can't think so it's the top 5.
1. Today on my way home from work I passed a crushed Bud Light can on Wisconsin. With a straw in it. Which is fan-freaking-tastic.
2. Yesterday, Kate and I went to W Va to visit Jane for her birthday. We were only 6 weeks late (and Kate gives me a hard time about being on time). Best part of the visit? We borrowed Cool Runnings! So now I can feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, whenever I want.
3. Sunday breakfast is one of my favorite meals to cook. We had a full house on Sunday morning, since we invited everyone over at the bar the night before (I love to extend invitations when I've been drinking, apparently) and that was fantastic. It was so fun to cook on Sunday morning. And Kate did a flippin' amazing job at entertaining me while I was cooking since everyone else was playing a game. Those ungrateful bastards. (Obviously joking.)
4. On Presidents' Day weekend, my mom and brother were simultaneously inebriated on Saturday night. It was out of control--like an eclipse. You couldn't look directly at it, or you would get drunker and wilder.
5. Tomorrow I have a book club meeting and I have not read a single page of said book. I don't even have the book in my possession. I'm a really fantastic book club member.
No comments:
Post a Comment