Please let the record show that I have been blissfully reunited with college football today. It's been so great. We got the day started with a little SportsCenter before College Game Day (and my secret announcer boyfriend) and now I'm being a good Ohio resident and watching the Ohio State/Michigan game. Even though I'm sort of on Team Michigan. Oopsie.
Last night we went to dollar beer night at the Who-Dey Jungle, even though it wasn't the Who-Dey Jungle, since it was Friday, not Sunday. It was great; beers are $1 until 9 p.m. and then they go up $1 each hour until they go back to $1 at midnight. It was hilarious; we made choices about whether or not to have another beer based on the time. And, let the record show, last night I was the one to end the night. At 1:35 a.m. I am NEVER the one to end the night. We were at a super random bar in U St (we had previously migrated from the Who-Dey Jungle) and I was not having it anymore. I was so tired and I was tired of drinking (also an extremely rare occasion) and I was irritated by something at the bar. I'm not 100% sure right now what was irritating me so much last night, but I was definitely displeased. So I decided to call it a night. But not before playing foosball. That was a really positive group decision. I do really enjoy foosball. I must have left my A game at home on accident last night, though. I did not look like I knew what I was doing. I actually probably looked like a tylosaur. (Yes, that's right. I'm bringing tylosaur back.) So when I called it a night at 1:35 a.m. and made everyone leave with me we had to take a cab home and I thought Libb was going to punch our cab driver for being super anti-fem; he kept telling us how women are supposed to do laundry and take care of babies, and in his defense, the boys were totally egging him on, but Libb was getting angry. Best part of the cab ride, though, was when we got back to our apartment and Libb was so angry that she told the boys if the role of women was to be subservient then they could pay for the cab.
Then we all got home and apparently the fact that we have a third roommate who was home and sleeping totally floated out of our heads. We were so (accidentally) loud. There were some serious shenanigans. I confiscated and hid the Skyline. Sometimes drastic times call for drastic measures.
In other news there is 1:24 left in the Ohio State/Michigan game and I can't believe I made it through the entire game. I've really been quite underwhelmed by both teams. And flippin' UC isn't playing at all this weekend. Boooo. I hope there's a better game on at 3:30 somewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment