Sunday, November 01, 2009

Happy Hawroween.

Last night, as I'm sure you are aware, was both Halloween and Bonus Bar Night.  A fortuitous union that does not occur very often.  So of course I dragged the roommates out and about for said event.  We dressed up as a trophy wife (me), a nerd (Kate), and the walk of shame (Libb).  It was excellent, if I do say so myself.  


We started out  in Georgetown.  (Mistake #1)  We went to a friend's house to hang out a bit before we went to a party, which I was more than happy to attend, as long as we went to the bar at some juncture.  So we went to this party, also in Georgetown and there were a great many excellent costumes.  If I were giving prizes, I would have given them to the following three people:  the guy who dressed up as one of the NuvaRing synchronized swimmer (and had memorized the entire commercial, too.  Ah-may-zing), the girl who was dressed normally and had a jar of basil leaves in the top of her shirt--she was a spice rack!!, and the guy who dressed as facebook, a la Jim on Thursday's Office.  I felt the best choice was to walk up to him and say, "Are you the popular social networking site known as bookface?"  He then proceeded to tell me that his back-up costume was three hole punch Jim.  AND that guy was from Michigan, so he did the hand thing again.  I love that.  It's my favorite thing about people from  Michigan.  Had he not been ushered away by some girl in a flouncy police costume I really think he could have been a delightful gem.    


So then we departed the party in search of a bar for Bonus Bar Night.  That was a freaking shit show.  We must have gotten tangled up in some crap because I have never seen such a mass of humanity.  It was so ridiculous; people were all over the place and not even in a good way.  We just kept walking, and walking and I was SO irritated.  And there were cops EVERYWHERE, but they weren't doing ANYTHING so our rage is just increasing exponentially.  (At one point we were crossing the street and this police officer was like, no you have to wait.  And I definitely thought LIbby was going to punch him in the face.  But to be 100% honest I wasn't that far behind her.)  So we're walking and walking and walking (in stiletts, mind you) and searching for a cab and finally we see this cab coming through the circle and we hold out our arms to hail the cab and he sees us and then these heinous wenches come up from out of nowhere and tried to steal our cab!  Best moment of the night?  The cab driver telling them no, and then promptly picking us up.  That got him a delightful tip.  


So we finally make it the bar, grab a drink and head upstairs.  It's sort of crowded, but  not unmanageable.  We're keeping it real and I hear these two dudes talking about the World Series and this guy's like "Yankees won, 8-5" and I'm like "Fuckin' Yankees", so then I had to talk to this fireman about the Yankees and all the stand-up guys on their team, Johnny Damon excluded (I have no idea why).  AND in keeping with a bizarre pattern that I discovered this summer, this dude was a Cubs-slash-Yankees fan.  He tried to give me some line about how the Cubs never get into the post season, so he never had anyone to root for during the post-season.  I called shenanigans on that.   


I would also like the record to show that Halloween kicked my ass.  Libb and I did yoga yesterday morning, and every large muscle in my ENTIRE body is sore.  To the point that just moving around on the couch hurts.  Additionally, due to the fact that we walked 58130754675293 miles last night, I have a blister on my right foot under my toe.  I can't bend it.  It is some ridiculous shit.  Much like the activities last night.  

No comments: