This week has been soul-sucking for all members of Team 304. I thought maybe I was screwed up from being out of town for four days, but it turns out all team members are struggling this week. For different reasons, obviously. This week feels like it has been a thousand weeks all put together and I do not have one notable accomplishment to my week yet, and it's Thursday. I'm hoping today will be the day I turn this week around, but I also hoped for that on both Tuesday and Wednesday.
So I think part of my problem earlier in the week, specifically on Monday and Tuesday, was that I was out of coffee filters and hence could not have my morning pot of coffee. (Okay, so I'm exaggerating a little, but not as much as you might think.) It was devastating. But on Tuesday on my way home from work I bought coffee filters, so yesterday and today I was back in the caffeinated game. Phew.
I meant to share these following two thoughts yesterday, but didn't get a chance to blog. Because I have this bad habit of choosing trips to Target over other things. (Guilty. I heart Target.) So I hope everyone thanked their favorite veteran for serving our country. I'll try not to get too preachy here (the kids I nanny got that last night), but veterans are super important and they deserve recognition for what they've done slash do. Also, yesterday I had a grad school interview at the Johns Hopkins campus in Rockville, MD. Let me tell you I have never been more glad that I have sweet map slash directions skillz because google maps was trying to screw me. I was not supportive. They tried to take me this crazy way that would have taken longer and not even taken me to the right place in the end. Thank god I have eagle eyes and realized their mistake! Although I'm pretty sure while all that was going on Kate thought I was losing my mind because I was yelling and swearing at google maps. So while I normally fully endorse google maps I would just like to say double check your directions next time you use them. Because maybe they're trying to trick you, too.
Last thought of the day. (Well, let's be clear, this will CERTAINLY not be the last thought of the day; it will just be the last one I share with you.) So as I'm sure most of you know I have this part time nanny gig right now; basically the after-school to dinner shift. Otherwise known as the most ridiculously chaotic time of day for school children. Seriously. Who knew that before now? (Yes. I know the answer to that question is anyone with school-age children, but I don't have those, so I didn't know.) Last night is a perfect example: I'm chopping vegetables for soup, helping the oldest study for his science test (don't worry; I made a SICK study guide), checking the middle's spelling homework, preventing a melt-down, and making sure everyone's homework gets put away. Oh? And in case you're wondering, I also solved world hunger while my soup was simmering. As an added bonus, I can now tell you pretty much whatever you may want to know about the rock cycle. Let me just tell you, 3 kids in 3 different schools is intense. I'm not going to lie: this may be the greatest organizational challenge I've ever had. On a lighter note, the kids, especially the middle one, are super interested in my life outside of their house. She always asks about my roommates and my family. She killed me last night; she was asking about my family in general and I was mentioning how Luke lives at home right now, but he wants to move out for second semester. To which she said, "That's so stupid. Doesn't he know how much money he'll save living at home?" She also last night asked how tall my roommates were and when I told her Libb is like 5'1" she was like "That's how tall I am! Sometimes do you think she's in fifth grade?!" I told her that no, I don't think Libb is in fifth grade and that not everyone is tall. These are the important life lessons that I am imparting to the youth of America: not everyone is tall. And reading is important.
No comments:
Post a Comment