In the past 36 hours, I have driven to almost all corners of the Washington DC area. And for some odd reason, I have been consistently foiled by both traffic and construction projects, DESPITE the fact that I am not travelling at rush hour. Or really anywhere close to anything that resembles a rush hour. And every time I think I have a secret route that will contain neither construction nor traffic I am foiled! It is complete shit. And it's making it really difficult for me to a) be on time, b) arrive in a calm and composed fashion, and c) manage Ragel. Especially because it's approximately 8510395 degrees in Das Capital right now and 810% humidity. I'm hoping that now that all important engagements for the weekend are behind me this stupid pattern will cease.
In totally unrelated events, I am offended that this article even needed to be published. Aside from tracking a planet across the sky how do you not know how to do the rest of these things?! And while I do not have children, I do believe there was a time I could find and track planets in the sky. Bert was into that shit. I can't believe children are so technologically absorbed that they don't know how to play Four Square. That was practically all I played in elementary school. Four Square and Kickball. Never Tetherball--I was nervous that thing was going to hit me in the face.
No comments:
Post a Comment