Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Small Things

On long days when you feel like a broken record and you're not sure if teaching in the hood is really for you it's the small things that make a difference.  The final act of defiance, or the tight squeeze as you walk out the door.  But that's not what we're focusing on today.


Today, I went to Starbucks before my late class because I was pretty sure I was going to fall asleep in class otherwise.  So I said I would like a grande white chocolate mocha, please.  And I paid for it and I waited and they said "Grande White Chocolate Mocha on the bar!", so I picked up my drink and went to class.  And I was really excited about it.  But then I took a sip and I did NOT taste white chocolate mocha.  So I swirled my cup a few times, because I figured maybe they didn't stir it very well, or maybe it had settled.  And before I took another sip I checked the side of my cup to see what it said.  It totally said "WM", which means White Mocha.  But that was CERTAINLY not what was in my cup.  They gave me a freaking plain latte.  They gave me a stupid regular latte instead of my delicious white chocolate mocha.  I shake my fist at you Gelman library Starbucks!  

No comments: