Of all the possible things to return to the blog about, I'm going to be egocentric. I am going to talk about myself.
So I just finished my math methods final and, despite my feelings about the course or the professor, I find myself with my panties in a bunch. Math methods, as the name implies, trains teachers to teach math to kindergartners, all the way up to 6th grade. A wide expanse of material, as I'm sure you can imagine. Also? Important side note: math now is TOTALLY different from math when we're were in school. It's very hippy-dippy now. Lots of picture drawing and touching and feeling. So it's fairly frequent in math that I can get the right answer and that my answer is mathematically sound, but I can't draw a picture to represent it because my brain isn't used to that.
Okay, fast-forward to today. I'm finished with my final, even though I'm still not 100% sure about my answer to the first question. I know that my diagram didn't show a 10-frame, but for the life of me I can't remember what a 10-frame is. So I figure that after 10 minutes of looking at this freaking 10-frame question I'm ready to throw in the towel. (By the way, a 10-frame is a first grade tool. I nailed all the 4th grade questions, because that's what I do every day.) In any case, I stand up to put on my coat and as I do so, I turn around to grab my jackets (yes, multiple jackets) off the back of my chair. And I see Sheri's test. And her 10-frame. And all I want to do is sit down really quickly and fix my drawing of my 10-frame because I know that I'm going to be right on the fence in this class because the professor is an asshole. But I totally couldn't bring myself to do. I knowingly lowered my grade because of my stupid moral code. Ugh. Damn ethics. I hope my ethical actions will be reflected in my GPA. And don't you dare wreck my dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment