Friday, September 17, 2010

Dreams are funny. So are kids.

So the other night I had a really weird dream.  I had a dream that I was out to dinner with this guy who was wearing a red t-shirt and jeans and I didn't really know who this guy was.  But while we were at dinner he asked me to marry him in the most apathetic manner possible.  I mean, there was head on table action involved.  So I said yes (because apparently dream Rachel has really high standards) and then he gave me this really hideous ring.  It looked like those beaded flower rings you get at festivals, but it wasn't beaded.  It was rough.  And then I had to explain to both the boy and my mother why I was getting married to this totally random douche nozzle.  In my dream my mom was like "Rachel, what are you thinking" and dream Rachel said "Well, I already said yes, so I'm not really sure what else to do now.  I think I have to marry him."  For the record, in my real life, if I'm that underwhelmed about getting married, remind me to desist and re-examine.  It was totally bizarre.

And in more humorous news from the 'hood, one of my kids was in ISS this week for a day and a half.  The second day he was so good that he was let out late morning.  When he came back to class he was like "Miss Elsener, I feel like I just got out of jail.  No fun.  Crappy food.  Hard work.  That's just what jail is like.  But in jail you don't have hard work to do."  So there you go.  If you didn't know before, now you do:  ISS and jail are exactly the same.

No comments: