Okay, so maybe that's a bit of hyperbole, but who's really surprised by that? In case you've been wondering to yourself "What the f happened to Rachel in the past month?", or, possibly, "Why the crap is she neglecting to inform us of her shenanigans and humorous happenings?" please allow me to tell you. The short answer is that my temporary job temporarily took over my life. No joke. That is not an exaggeration of any type.
So in addition to all the preparation for the leadership conference, I also had to work 18-hour days and live in the hotel for the 5 days of training and 10 days of the conference. (I feel like my June rent was really worthwhile.) Now that I've returned to sunny, summertime DC and my parents have left, I am slowly but surely reclaiming my life. Which was severely neglected over the last 4 weeks.
Today I had to get a TB test for my grad program so that I can mold young minds. Heading downtown to get my TB test also represents the first time I've had time alone to people watch since I got back from VA. So I would like to share two thoughts, in hopes to avoid others from making the same mistakes.
1. Please don't match your clothing to your hair color. I was walking down Connecticut back from the clinic when I saw this guy wearing a yellow button down shirt. It wasn't until I looked up that I realized two things. A) His hair is also yellow. B) Not only is his hair yellow, but it is the EXACT same shade of yellow as his shirt. In case you are wondering why this is a bad idea, it's because it gives you the overall effect of looking like a cartoon character. And in turn causes people (namely me) to struggle to take you seriously.
2. To be fair, I understand that when you get dressed in the morning you have no control over whether someone happens to dress either exactly like you, or very similarly to you. But when I got off the metro this afternoon I saw a really tall guy wearing a seersucker suit. And then like 15 feet later I saw a super short guy wearing the EXACT same seersucker suit. It was so hilarious. I almost laughed out loud. But then the other people on the metro platform would have thought that I was one of those metro crazies. And I most certainly am not.
I would also like the official record to show that I will be in the lovely and fair Queen City July 16-18. I hope to see you then.
No comments:
Post a Comment