Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Quick Life Update

So, the good news is that I have a job.  The bad news is that I only have said job until the end of July and it is taking over my freaking life right now.


However, at Kristin's behest, I will give a quick update.


Work:  INSANELY busy.  Last Wednesday, I was at work until 9 p.m.  Which is offensive.  And I worked almost all day on Saturday.  Double offensive.  But on the plus side, I do like the people with whom I work.  So that's good.  


Future plans:  Ugh.  I wish I knew.  I finally accepted Johns Hopkins masters program, which starts in January, but I'm still applying to jobs and other grad programs.  So we'll see how that rolls out.  


Life:  Work is REALLY cutting into my life (see above), but for the most part things are going well.  I registered for the Marine Corps Marathon with Team in Training.  Which means I will be asking everyone for money soon, so get excited for that.  I also super smoothly missed my first team run this past Saturday.  Fantastic work, Elsener.  


Random story:  So I went to the grocery today for the first time in years, and on my way into the grocery I saw one of the most fantastic get-ups I have seen in a while.  Living in a large metropolitan area with extensive public transport there are always a few head turners, but this was above and beyond.  It was a Hispanic dude who was maybe 5'5".  Tops.  Crazy swoopy/fauxhawk hair.  Maroon tank top and the tightest, brightest blue jeans on the face of the planet.  With pointy toe, camely brown lace up dress shoes.  It was so completely ridiculous and over the top that it took all my self-control to not laugh in his face.

No comments: