Monday, May 24, 2010

Fantastic Commuting Stories

I don't know why everyone who lives in DC insists on giving me such fantastic blog fodder, but I'm cerntainly not going to fight it.  I would like to share two quick stories before I leave for the opera.  (Yep,that's right.  I'm going to the opera tonight.  Like a real adult.)

1.  I don't know how many of you have seen the fantastic Disney movie "The Princess and the Frog" (because if you haven't, you DEFINITELY should), but there's a character in this excellent film named Mama Odie.  She's incredibly old, lives in a tree, and helps the princess and the frog get together.  She's basically fantastic in every possible way.  A few weeks ago, Kate and I found her.  The real life Mama Odie lives somewhere near the Starbucks on Connecticut Ave NW and finds it completely appropriate to run around in her pajamas (and by pajamas I mean nightgown) in the morning.  She is so amazingly fantastic.  And I saw her again this morning.  She totally made my morning.  Decidedly the best part of my morning.  (The worst part was none of my changes to my project saving from the weekend.)

2.  I saw a van on Connecitcut Ave NW with the "Shalom Group" written on the side.  I have no idea what the Shalom Group is, but I REALLY want to be a part of it. 

No comments: