Yikes. It has been too long. One of my resolutions this year is to update the blog at least twice a week.
Here's my latest first grade adventure. (A bit of background: over Christmas break, I dyed my hair dark again. Really dark. So dark that Mike still claims he's "getting used to it". I think that's secret code for I don't like it.) I had joked with my mom that my kids were going to be all bent out of shape about it today because they generally get abnormally worked up about my hair in general. Like last year, for the first 6 weeks of school I got at least one question a day along the lines of "Ms. Elsener, how you get your hair to do that? You go to a salon?" Today, I picked up my kids from breakfast and we went upstairs, got new cubby assignments, talked about tattling tally marks, AND got all the way through morning meeting. It wasn't until we were talking about setting goals for the week that one of my students raised his hand and I had literally JUST started talking so I was feeling really confused about how he could possibly have a question already. Mid-sentence I stop and say "Destontay, do you already have a question?!" in a slightly exasperated tone. Destontay (a bold first grader) says, "Yes. Ms. Elsener, what happened to yo hair?" At which point another student swoops in and says, "She dyed it. Right, Ms. Elsener?" Yes, that's right Shemar. That is exactly what I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment