Here are my daily observations. They are three-fold.
1. I enjoy alarming efficiency. There's a place in Georgetown that delivers bar food, and you usually have to wait a while, but it's always worth it. I love how all you have to do is call them and they know your address. I don't know what type of mystical technology Wingo's uses to tie my phone number to my address, but I really wish everyone that delivered to me also used it. Good work, Wingo's. You win.
2. Auto-correct has some really odd suggestions for texting. Like when I get excited about things and want to say "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!" for some reason my phone suggests "gasser". Because apparently people use the word gasser a lot. Furthermore, today I wanted to use the word "puppies", which I did, but my phone felt a better suggestion would be yuppies. (Perhaps my phone is trying to make a commentary on those who predominate the iPhone user population?)
3. Profanity is never appropriate for children. Nor is it appropriate for children to swear at their teachers and/or other students on their way out of the classroom. Which is why I was so exited and thrilled that one of my students wanted to "slap the shit" out of another, and when I reminded him that all of our actions have consequences he said "I don't give a f---- about ISS". And then I filled out a referral for the first time ever. Awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment