Monday, December 20, 2010

New Mittens

I'm not sure how, but somehow between last winter and this winter I misplaced a pair of gloves.  So I accidentally wore the coat home that doesn't have gloves in the pockets.  Fail!  On Wednesday when we were walking up to OPG for Burger Mania, I mentioned to my mom that I didn't have any gloves.  Lo and behold, not only does she produce hand coverings, but she gives me bright turquoise fleece mittens.  Totally the best thing I've gotten since I've been home.  Although the whole way up and back that night I kept asking if anyone needed me to help them with something and then when they said no I said "Good.  Because I can't help you anyway.  I'm wearing mittens!"  I wish that wasn't true, but it totally was.  I'm way into the mittens.  And yes, until last Wednesday the last time I wore mittens they were on a string.  I don't really hate the idea of them being on a string again, but they're okay in the pockets.


Fast forward to this morning:  I go to the dentist and afterward I'm leaving to do a little bit of Christmas shopping before meeting Kristin and her cutie-patootie, Leah, at First Watch and I'm putting on my mittens as I walk out of the dentist's office and I get them on, but they're all twisted up and they look really funny. So I'm trying to twist them all around to get them to fit the right way, when I realize the problem:  my mittens are on the wrong hand.  So apparently there are some things you don't learn in grad school.


And one last GOTR mention, I got this today from my friend who was the race director.  Neither I nor my girls are in it, but it's a slideshow of pictures from the DC 5K.  It's pretty cute, if you have a few minutes (2-3, I think).  I promise I'll lay off GOTR for a while now.


Last thought for the day:  whoever redesigned the traffic pattern for Oakley Square is an idiot and I'd like to recommend to city council that they save money in the city budget by relieving him from his duties.  Every single time I drive through there I get annoyed.  It did not make it safer, nor did it enhance the aesthetic appeal of the square.  That's a big chunk of change that was poorly invested and you can't get back.  Good work, Cincinnati.

No comments: