Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Nature--1, Rachel--0

So this past weekend I was all alone(-ish) in my apartment.  Luckily I was really busy so it didn't feel big and empty and sad.  But there were some important lessons to be learned from this weekend.


1.  Nature is a tricky bastard and it will get you when you're not looking.  
I imagine this is how I ended up with a giant bug bite-turned-welt on my thigh.  And when I say giant, I am not exaggerating.  Which is hard to believe.  This thing is literally bigger than my palm.  And I have no idea what part of nature got me, nor where I came into contact with said chunk of nature.  It is quite disconcerting.  End result?  I may or may not have SARS.  


2.  Wisconsin has contained delicious treats for years and I'm just now learning about them.  
It's totally not fair of WI to constantly withhold its deliciousness.  But having recently joined myself to a contingent of Wisconsinites in Das Capital, I have realized what a saucy minx WI is.  They want you to think that all they have is cheese, the Packers, and Miller Lite.  But they also have brats.  Which I've always felt positively about.  But never as positively as I did this past Saturday.  Saturday's Grillmaster put his brats in the slow-cooker with beer and sauerkraut for like 3 hours before the grilling hour.  Holy crap.  That was hands down one of the best, if not the actual best, brat I've ever had.  It was amazing.  And I blame WI for not dazzling me with that treat earlier in my life.  


3.  Shorts and underwear are not the same.
You may be having the totally normal reaction of "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuh" right now, but I saw a girl at Metro Center this morning wearing what can only be described as denim underwear.  I think they were probably marketed as shorts (hence her confusion), but as I was able to see her booty tooch, she was clearly just wearing underwear.  The saddest part was that she appeared to be accompanied by a woman who looked like she should be some sort of positive role model in this girl's life.  She was wearing normal clothes.  What happened with this girl that she thinks underwear are shorts?!  Kids nowadays.  

No comments: